T.G. Sheppard's Legendary Friends And Country Duets Releases Oct 30
"In my 40 years of recording music, this album has to be my most favorite I've ever recorded," says T.G. Sheppard. "I'm very honored that so many of my personal friends came in to sing, with no questions asked, and gave their all."
Listeners will be taken on a journey, with songs that hit the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Standout tracks on the album include the fun, “It’s A Man Thing” which features late country icon George Jones, the relaxing sing-along, “Song Man” with Grammy® winner Merle Haggard, and the inspiring, “In Texas” with country outlaw Willie Nelson.Legendary Friends & Country Duets will bring traditional country music back to the forefront, as the style currently makes a demanding comeback. With the remarkable list of guests on the album, Legendary Friends & Country Duets is a must-have for all music fans to remind them what made country music great.
"As a record company working multiple projects in all genres, it is always special to find an artist and project like what T.G. Sheppard has brought to Cleopatra Records," says Tim Yasui, GM/Cleopatra Records. "T.G. is loved within the Country music community and this project proves that his fanbase is much more than just the country music fans - his fellow artists love him, too! Albums like this come once in a lifetime and Cleopatra Records is very proud to be involved in this iconic recording."
Sheppard has already begun promoting the album, with several upcoming appearances already scheduled. Airing on September 13-14, NBC’s “Open House” will take viewers inside the stylish Nashville home of Sheppard and his wife, singer/songwriter Kelly Lang. The show is described as the ultimate insiders’ guide to real estate and home design. Next, offering fans a never-before-seen glimpse into the past, present and future of TG’s storied career, Sheppard will appear on Heartland-TV’s new show “Reflections” on Sept. 14 (check your local listings).
1. Down On My Knees (with OAK RIDGE BOYS)
2. The Killer (with JERRY LEE LEWIS)
3. If You Knew (with RICKY SKAGGS & THE WHITES)
4. It's A Man Thing (with GEORGE JONES)
5. 100% Chance Of Pain (with B.J.THOMAS, JIMMY FORTUNE)
6. Wine To Remember And Whiskey To Forget (with MICKEY GILLEY)
7. The Next One (with LORRIE MORGAN)
8. Dead Girl Walking (with KELLY LANG)
9. Song Man (with MERLE HAGGARD)
10. Why Me Lord (with CONWAY TWITTY)
11. In Texas (with WILLIE NELSON)
12. Have You Ever Loved A Woman (with ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK)
13. I'm Not Going Anywhere (with CRYSTAL GAYLE)
14. Fifteen Rounds With Jose Cuervo (with DELBERT McCLINTON)